Located on the site of the Old Market House in the bustling historic centre of Ballymena, the Town Hall has a long and distinguished past. As far back as the 1600's the site was a key part of community life, when it boasted a busy Market Place. A Market House was built there in 1684 and traded for over a century until it was gutted by fire during the 1789 Rebellion.
By the mid 1800's the towns market had relocated, making way for Ballymena's first Town Hall which was built on the site, only to fall victim to fire 60 years later.
In July 1924, HRH The Duke of York, the future King George VI, laid the foundation stone of the Town Hall we know today.
The Civic Suite in the old Town Hall includes the Mayors Parlour where the residing Mayor welcomes guests for Civic Receptions and special events.
The Council Chamber fitted with state of the art information technology is where the Council holds its Monthly Meetings.